So I have good news and bad news to share tonight.
I did not get the job that I really wanted with the hoity toity publisher. They decided to give it to someone internally, and the rumor mill has it that the candidate is related to someone at the company. Long live nepotism! I’m bummed, but perhaps it’s for the best. I’m not sure I want to work for the kind of people who make you jump through that many hoops anyway.
On the other hand, I did get a job offer today. Which is good news. Unfortunately it’s for a job that I don’t really want. I have pretty much decided that I am going to turn the offer down. I know, it sounds a little crazy to be turning down a job offer in this economy. BUT… it’s not in the sector of publishing that I want to be in, and the details of the job are likely to leave me babbling incoherently if I were to take it.
I’ve been in London just a little over 3 weeks now, so I think it’s too early to panic. There are lots of jobs out there, and I have the skills and experience to find something really good. I just need to stick with it!